We are always interested in new talent for future positions! Please email a link to your website to email@example.com and be sure to mention which timeless stuffed animal appears on our website.
Who are we currently looking for?
Web Development Intern!
Please, no solicitations from web development companies.
eye9 Design is looking for a web development intern to join our team. We are a Denver, Colorado web development company creating integrated web solutions for our clients around the metro area and across the nation. The ideal candidate should have familiarity with basic principles of web development, experience in the LAMP environment, and a passion to learn.
These are the “everyday” contributions:
- Testing completed websites for any coding errors
- Assisting developers with:
- Database setup
- Content management systems
- Building simple brochure websites
- Miscellaneous office tasks
To be considered for this position, candidates should possess the following skills:
- Working in a basic LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- XHTML/CSS 1.0 strict standards compliant coding
Candidates that also possess any of the following skills are preferred.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: Drupal 5.x & 6.x, Joomla 1.5.x, WordPress 2.x
- Basic actionscript 2.0 or 3.0
- Experience in the mac platform
- Adobe Photoshop and other Adobe CS applications
- Knowledge of a UNIX command line (terminal)
Our experts in curiosity will provide the chosen candidate the opportunity to learn:
- How to write object oriented websites as well as implementing an MVC pattern in PHP.
- Clean coding and best practices
- Current web technology and standards
- The DRY philosophy
- Experience with a variety of software tools
The chosen candidate will start in December. This is a part time position, 20+ hours a week. The majority of those hours will need to be completed during normal business hours. Compensation is commensurate to experience, ranging from $8-10 an hour.
To be considered
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A resume
- An email with a brief summary of relevant experience/education, and a brief statement of your goals for an internship
- 3 or more samples of your code via a link or PDF (screenshots are acceptable) (7mb or smaller please)
- Answer the following question at beginning of your email: What color is a red car?
Incomplete applications will not be considered.